If you are not familiar with search engine marketing, it is the act of increasing the visibility of your website by getting the top ten search engines to include your site in their index. If done correctly, this can drive massive amounts of traffic that will be interested in what you have to offer. Here are some tips on how to get started.
First, you need to know which keywords will best describe your business and products or services. There are many ways to do this. One way is to use a keyword research tool like Google AdWords Keyword Tool (a free service) or a paid tool such as Overture's Keyword Discovery service. Another way is to simply go out into the world and ask people what they are searching for. Once you have identified the most popular phrases that you want to target, you can then begin developing content around those topics.
A good rule of thumb when creating content for SEO purposes is to write about three or four times the amount of information that people are likely to type in an auto-complete box. This means that if someone types "cars" in the Google search bar, you should create content such as "How To Buy A Car," "The Best Cars For The Money," etc. If you do this, you will find that Google will be able to more accurately rank you based on your relevance for searches related to the phrase "cars."
Another important thing to consider is that Google has become much more aggressive at penalizing sites that contain too many ads within its web pages. This means that if your page contains just one ad per 100 words, Google may still allow you to make money from ads placed on your site, but it will severely limit your ability to rank well for long tail keywords. Therefore, it is recommended that each page on your website only contain 2 or 3 advertisements, and these should never overlap.
One last point to keep in mind is that you cannot expect all of the top ten search engines to give you equal exposure to your website. For example, if you were ranked number 10 on Yahoo, you might see between 1% and 10% of your website being searched for by users. That said, Google has been known to send up to 50% of its traffic to your site. It is therefore very important to focus primarily on Google, because it is currently the most popular search engine in the world.
In addition to the above steps, there are several other things to consider. These include the following:
1. Your content needs to be unique. When people visit your website, they do not want to read the same thing that they did before. You need to provide them with something new.
2. Make sure that your content is fresh. Your visitors are coming to your site looking for new information. They won't stay long if they don't find what they are looking for.
3. Make sure that your content is relevant. People aren't going to come to your site just because you have a great looking blog or an interesting video. If they find that your content is irrelevant, they aren't going to read any further.
4. Make your videos viral. There is a lot of talk nowadays about viral videos, so take advantage of this trend and produce some amazing videos. Post them on YouTube and embed them directly onto your blog posts. Also, post the links to your videos on social websites like Digg and StumbleUpon.
5. Link to authoritative blogs. By linking back to authoritative blogs, you will improve your position in the search engines. In turn, this will increase the quality of traffic that you receive.
6. Don't forget to optimize your images. Images are extremely important to SEO, especially since they are often used to display text and other elements of a website.
7. Have a strong call to action button. Use your call to action button wisely. If your visitor does click through to your website, they will probably leave without buying anything. So make sure that you have a clear CTA button that is easy to find and clearly labeled.
8. Create a newsletter. Signing up to get regular updates on your company's latest news and events is another way to generate traffic and interest in your website.
9. Offer exclusive deals. Visitors tend to trust companies that make offers of exclusivity. If you offer a special deal to readers who sign up for your email list, you will be giving them a reason to subscribe.
10. Provide customer support. Providing your customers with 24/7 customer support is another way to gain their trust. They will feel comfortable calling you whenever they need help.
When done properly, search engine marketing can drive significant amounts of traffic to your website. However, you must also remember to maintain the integrity of your website. If you are not careful, you could lose control over your rankings and end up paying for bad results. This is why it is always best to hire experts to manage your search engine marketing campaign for you.